ICFE eNEWS #17-08 - February 24th 2017
View this eNEWS online
America/Military Saves Week is scheduled for February 27 - March 4, 2017 to spread the saving message and to encourage people to make savings automatic as part of America/Military Saves Week. America Saves Week is a great opportunity to help people in our community to Set a Goal, Make a Plan, and Save Automatically.
When someone takes the America Saves Pledge, they identify a savings
goal (such as emergency fund or retirement), an amount to save per
month, and the number of months they will save that amount. In other
words, they make a basic savings plan. And those with a plan are more
likely to spend less than they earn and save the difference than those
without a plan.
BENEFITS TO SAVERS:
• Quick way to create a basic savings plan, helping individuals save more successfully
• Series of welcome emails to motivate individuals to save towards their selected goal
• Additional emails with:
• Challenges to encourage individuals to take action like saving $50 more, making lunch every day for a week, or automating their savings
• Stories and tips from savers just like them
• Reminders of the goal, amount to save, and timeframe they selected
• The opportunity to report if they saved or not and to choose a new goal
• The option to receive text messages with reminders to save and tips on the savings goal they selected.
America/Military Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the America Savings Education Council. The Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Learn more at AmericaSavesWeek.org.
WHEREAS, personal and household savings is fundamental to America's stability and vitality; and
WHEREAS, adequate emergency savings, retirement funds, and safe debt‐income ratios are critical components of personal financial security; and
WHEREAS, America/Military Saves is a national campaign to persuade, encourage, and motivate Americans to take financial action in building wealth through saving money and reducing debt;
WHEREAS, the ICFE is a partner in the America/Military Saves campaign and is urging immediate and ongoing financial action to Build Wealth, Not Debt;
NOW, THEREFORE, the American Savings Education Council hereby proclaims the week of February 27 – March 4, 2017 as
ICFE eNEWS is available FREE upon request by visiting the ICFE's
and filling out the contact form, selecting "Yes" for "Add to Mailing List."
Please pass this eNEWS on to your peers and interested others and
invite them to subscribe for free. Also, visit the ICFE's new Web site:
Paul S. Richard
President - Executive Director
Institute of Consumer Financial Education (ICFE)
CFE - Institute of Consumer Financial Education - ICFE.info - 619.239.1401