Certified Young Adult
The ICFE's Certified Young Adult Financial Specialist CYAFS® comprehensive training and certification program is specifically developed for financial education coaches, financial planning and insurance professionals, who are dedicated to educating and assisting younger consumers and those young adults who have started their own businesses.
The ICFE's new CYAFS program is about teaching professionals to educate young adults. Young adults are more in need of financial education than ever before. There are more financial products and decisions to be made for their lives today and to plan for their future. The new Certified Young Adult Financial Specialist program educates trains and equips financial counselors to communicate their expertise in a way that young adults are able and willing to accept it.
Young Adult Financial Specialist certification course participants learn about their audience and the social and economic forces that are influencing their behavior. They will learn to guide young adults to become educated financial consumers who can think through their options intelligently. From building credit to buying a house to saving for the future, this course covers the gamut that young adults need to understand to live productive financial lives.
- Have a basic understanding of money, credit, investing, and some of the laws gov-erning them.
- Know the stages of life for young adults and how the basic financial issues affect them.
- Understand the personal finance issues facing young adults.
Course Skills Objectives:
- Learn tools for effective communication with young adults.
- Understand the importance of ensuring young adults have all the available infor-mation they need to manage situations and make sound decisions.
- Learn to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
Get Started Now!
Why Become a Certified Consumer CYAFS
- Becoming Certified by the ICFE makes a difference to your clients, your company and yourself and is a manifestation of your commitment to high standards of professionalism aimed at
your employer, your colleagues, your clients and the general public.
Demonstrate your professional qualifications.
- Enhance your experience in the field and promote your professional value.
- Fulfill continuing education (CEU) requirements.
Association For Financial Counseling And Planning Education (AFCPE.org) 5 CEUs.
- NEW: Extra Benefit: Earn a listing in the ICFE's online International Directory of Certificants
Get Started Now!
Here is what's included in the ICFE CYAFS™ enrollment package:
- ICFE CYAFS® 100 Question Examination/Answer Sheet - 100 question exam - 80 correct answers required
- Personalized ICFE Certificate with ICFE Seal:
"Certified Young Adult Financial Specialist" - CYAFS®
- A listing in the ICFE's online Directory of Certificants.
- ICFE eNEWS and regular email updates
Get Started Now!
Table of Contents
- Your Audience p5
Who they are, statistically speaking p5
How they gather and interpret information p7
Trends in their lives p7
What they are thinking about at each stage p7
- Approaching the seminar/conversation p9
Your audience - Find out who THEY are! p9
Tips and tricks for getting them engaged p10
- Your Vision, Your Life p11
Identifying personal priorities p11
Creating a vision p12
Why prepare? p14
Myths, legends, and excuses p14
- Managing Money – Cash, Debt and Saving p23
Teaching about Cash Flow (with worksheets) p23
How banks work p23
What comes in and what goes out p26
Debt and Obligations p32
Some general information about Student Loans p42
- Credit and You p47
What is credit? p48
The details of credit reports p48
Establishing and maintaining good credit p54
- The Benefit of Benefits and Insurance p61
Health and wellness benefits p62
Insurance: How it works and where you get it p66
Life insurance p70
- Setting up home and getting there p79
Housing choices – parents’ home, rent or buy p79
The process of buying a home p83
More on mortgages p85
What to drive: Loan, lease, or buy outright? p92
- Introduction to Investing p95
Figuring out your net worth p96
Introduction to investing p97
Account types and how to use them p100
Investment options p104
Strategies for Asset Allocation p109
- Legal Lessons for Life p115
Legal documents – why they are important p115
Marriage – what it means legally p115
Healthcare Power of Attorney and/or a Living Will p117
Powers of Attorney p120
Where there’s a will, there’s a way p124
Using this course
This course is broken up into several sections, as outlined in the table of contents.
Within the course, we have provided additional information to enhance
the contents of the book titled Get It Together: The Real-World Money
Guide for Graduates
. The materials can be presented in any way you see
fit as the presenter. You can create your own materials. Additional
exercises are in the book as well, and might help with activities or
worksheets. We are providing a chart with information on which sections
correlate to the book itself. If your students would get a better
experience by having the book as a resource, it is available at special
pricing to ICFE clients. You can also jump-start your presentations by
purchasing an additional package that includes customer-ready PowerPoint
lectures with notes, handouts for each section, and the book written by
the authors of this course, Get It Together: The Real-World Money Guide
, Shannon Prosser and Hallie Hawkins.
(Log Cabin Books
Regular Enrollment in ICFE CYAFS™ Program - $375.00
Includes Priority Mail postage
Special Pricing! Multiple Enrollment Savings of $25 each. (2 or more enrollments at same time)
Independent Study Guide
Personalized CYAFS Certificate with ICFE Seal
Independent Study Exam
Immediately order your own credit reports.
In about a week, you will receive your ICFE Independent Study Guide
for your CYFAS™ Certification, the Examination
Complete at your own pace, using your credit reports as you progress.
Get Started Now!