Certified Credit Scoring Specialist™
Accepted for 5 CEs by the AFCPE - New for 2015
The ICFE's CCSS™ program is the nation’s only comprehensive
training and certification specifically developed for credit industry
professionals who are dedicated to educating and assisting consumers,
clients, customers, businesses, and the general public in credit
reporting, credit scoring and how to maintain a high score. With the
birth, in 2012, of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) which
took over the enforcement of the FCRA/FACTA laws from the FTC. The CFBP
is monitoring credit scoring and examining different CEUs in credit scores
purchased by consumers and those purchased by creditors, for example.
This CCSS™ program is designed to enlighten participants to the
side of credit scoring not often seen by the public.
Get started now
CCSS™ qualified professionals are employed by a wide range of
organizations including consumer credit and debt counseling
organizations, credit unions and other financial institutions, student
loan lenders, cooperative extension system, all branches of the
military, mortgage, real estate, and financial services firms; law
enforcement, and other government agencies. Many others are private
practitioners including notary public, attorneys, security consultants,
CPAs, CFPs, and consumer educators.
The growth of the consumer credit has been explosive. Americans are
still getting all charged-up with their plastic. Individual credit
files continue to grow, many times into more than three dozen pages.
Credit scoring is based in large part on these credit files and their
accuracy is paramount to obtaining the highest credit scores possible.
This area of growing concern to consumers and business owners alike is
one that is often overlooked by their well meaning financial and
business advisors, until now.
ICFE Certified Credit Scoring Specialists (CCSS™) learn what the
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair and Accurate Credit
Transaction Act (FACTA) have to say about credit scoring. They have
learned how credit reports are structured by the credit reporting
agencies. They have also learned about the history of credit scoring and
the different credit model used by lenders. This important aspect in
the training is about how credit scoring models are created.
More people are now becoming aware of the importance of looking at their
credit files, especially because of recent headline news stories about
the effects of credit scoring which often results in lower credit costs.
Studies have also shown that credit history is a powerful predictor of
future auto insurance losses. Many insurance companies consider certain
credit characteristics in addition to many other factors when
determining an individual's rate.
ICFE CCSS™ provide a valuable service by helping to educate their
individual clients and small business owners on the importance of
maintaining a good rating, high credit scores and protect their personal
information from criminals.
Get started now
What are the CCSS's course learning goals and objectives?
- Identify methods of access to credit reports, free and otherwise.
- List common credit terms and define key credit differences.
- Identify information used in calculating credit scores.
- Recognize how consumer behaviors affect credit scores.
- Review a credit report for mistakes and missing information.
- Identify methods for credit file correction of mistakes and missing
- How to report inaccurate information on a report to CRAs.
- List the components of a credit score.
- Recognize the impact of consumer behavior on credit files.
- Identify methods consumers can use to improve their credit score.
- Recognize privacy laws and their impact on credit lenders and
- Identify potential identity theft using a credit report and
information provided in a credit application.
- Review the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal
Trade Commission Resources for consumers.
- Communicate key components of credit reports to consumers.
- How to use the legal system to effect changes on a credit report.
Regular Enrollment in ICFE CCSS™ Program - $375.00
Get started now