Certified Credit Repair Specialist - CCRS™
CCRS™ is a registered trademark of the
Institute of Consumer Financial Education (ICFE), San Diego, CA
The ICFE's Certified Credit Repair Specialist (CCRS™) program is
the nation's premier comprehensive training and certification
specifically developed for credit industry professionals who are
dedicated to educating and assisting consumers, clients, customers,
businesses, and the general public in credit reporting, credit file
correction a/k/a credit repair. Also included is credit scoring plus how
to maintain a good report and high score. With the birth of the Consumer
Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in 2012, it took over the enforcement
of the FCRA/FACTA laws from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) which
resulted in many new rules and regulations for the credit services
CCRS™ qualified professionals are employed by a wide range of
organizations including consumer credit and debt counseling
organizations, credit unions and other financial institutions, student
loan lenders, cooperative extension system, all branches of the
military, mortgage, real estate, and financial services firms; law
enforcement, and other government agencies. Many others are private
practitioners, financial educators, notary public, attorneys, security
consultants, CPAs, CFPs, and other consumer advocates.
The growth of the consumer credit has been explosive. Americans are
still getting all charged-up with their plastic. Individual credit files
continue to grow, many times into more than three dozen pages. This area
of growing concern to consumers and business owners alike is one that is
often overlooked by their well meaning financial and business advisors,
ICFE Certified Credit Repair Specialist (CCRS™) have learned the
Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act
(FCRA) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA). They
have learned how to read and understand their own credit reports and
those of others. They have also learned about the steps to take to guard
against credit and identity theft, an important new aspect of the credit
report/repair service. Another important aspect in the training is about
credit scores; maintaining them or increasing them, which often results
in lower credit costs.
ICFE CCRSs™ provide a valuable service by helping to educate
their individual clients and small business owners on the importance of
maintaining a good rating, correcting mistakes in credit files ASAP,
keep high credit scores and protect their personal information from
What are the CCRS’s™ course learning goals and objectives?
- Learn the Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA), the Fair Credit
Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair & Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- Learn what states have credit repair and credit services laws.
- Learn what states have bond requirements for credit services and credit
- Learn the legal operating parameters of credit repair professionals.
- Identify methods of access to credit reports, free and otherwise.
- List common credit terms and define key credit differences.
- Identify information in credit reports.
- Locate and verify information in credit reports.
- Review a credit report for mistakes and missing information.
- Identify methods for credit file correction of mistakes and missing
- How to report inaccurate information to the credit reporting agencies
- List the components of a credit score.
- Recognize privacy laws and their impact on credit lenders and
- Identify potential identity theft using a credit report and information
provided in a credit application.
- Review the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade
Commission resources for consumers.
- Communicate key components of credit reports to consumers.
- How to use the legal system to effect changes on a credit report.
- Communicate key components and limitations of credit repair.
ICFE Provides Financial Education, Continuing Education Credits, CEUs,
CEs, Free Credit Repair, Bankruptcy Education and Financial Planning for
All Age Groups.
Who Is Enrolling In This Valuable
ICFE CCRS™ Certification Program and earning CE's?
Click here to view a partial list of companies represented by current
- CFP, CLU-ChFC, RFC, CPA, Notaries, Credit and Debt Counselors
- Bank, Credit Union & Student Lenders
- Military Personal Financial Counselor
- Employee Benefits Administrators
- Mortgage Lenders and Real Estate Agents
- In-house Collection and Recovery Counselors
- Faith Based Credit and Financial Counselors
- Bankruptcy and Financial Education Instructors
- First-time Home Buyer Advocates-Counselors
Why Become a CCRS™?
Here's some of the reasons why people are becoming an
ICFE Certified Credit Repair Specialist:
- Becoming certified by the ICFE makes a difference to your clients, your
company and yourself. It is a manifestation of your commitment to high
standards of professionalism aimed at your employer, your colleagues,
your clients and the general public.
- Demonstrate your professional qualifications.
- Enhance your experience in the field and promote your
- Learn about the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Stay current with the FCRA/FACTA law and other financial education
- Fulfill continuing education (CE), PDU and PACE requirements.
- The International Association of Registered Financial
Consultants (IARFC) accepts this for 5 CEs.
- This program is accepted for 5 PACE credits.
- Accepted for 10 PDUs from the American Assn. of Family & Consumer
Sciences National Assn. of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC) awards its members
- Association For Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE.org)
- NEW: Extra Benefit: Earn a listing in the ICFE's online
International Directory of CCRS™ Certificants
About reviewing and correcting credit reports
There will be millions of consumers who need help understanding what is
in their credit report. Thousands of credit report review/repair
specialists will be needed the years ahead as more consumers begin to
take advantage of their free credit reports.
About a half million consumers will also have become identity theft
victims. Regular reviews of credit reports (one or two times per year,
depending on level of credit activity) is the latest weapon in combating
America's fastest growing crimes - Identity Theft - by early detection
and better consumer awareness, both can be a result of the credit report
reviews and fixing mistakes.
Learn critical points of the CROA, the FCRA and the FACTA laws. The
complete texts are included in the CCRS™ Independent Study Guide
(ISG). Also learn what a credit report review/repairer is and what they
do. Discover if your profession is among those on the list of who need
CEUs available to those enrolling and completing this exciting and
beneficial program. Are among the types of professionals who may benefit
from the enhancement to your experience with the CCRS™ training?
If you said yes, please read on.
The entire ICFE CCRS™ certification process is explained in
following paragraphs, including a list of materials and pictures of the
materials and Certificates the ICFE provides to successful candidates.
There are also more details about providing the credit report
Here is what's included in the ICFE CCRS™ enrollment package:
- ICFE CCRS™ Independent Study Guide - CROA/FCRA/FACTA
- ICFE CCRS™ Independent Study Guide Table of Contents
(Click Here to View the CCRS™ Table of Contents)
- ICFE CCRS™ 100 Question Examination/Answer Sheet -
CROA/FCRA/FACTA 80 correct answers required
- One ICFE Do-It-Yourself Credit File Correction Guide
PLUS Sample letters and freeze letters from the Credit File Guide on CD
- ICFE Certificate with gold seal "Certified Credit Repair Specialist -
- Benefit: Earn a listing in the ICFE's online Directory of CCRS™
- Receive ICFE eNEWS and regular email updates
Special Pricing! Multiple Enrollment Savings of $25 each. (2 or more
enrollments at same time)
ICFE CCRS™ Independent Study Guide
ICFE CCRS™ 100 Question Examination
ICFE Credit File Correction Guide
Sample letters in PDF format on the CCR™ Resource Toolbox
Certificate: ICFE Certified Credit Repair Specialist – CCRS™
About the Credit Report Review/Repair Services
As an ICFE Certified Credit Repair Specialist - CCRS™ you
will teach clients how to obtain their credit reports from the three
major CRAs. When the client has his or her credit reports in hand, you
will review their credit reports, page-by-page, with the client present.
The average credit report review and checking for mistakes takes about
an hour and fifteen minutes. Utilize the Credit File Review form on the
CCRS™ Resource CD.
A husband and wife are considered separate clients because there are no
joint credit reports.
You will explain how to make any changes and corrections and you may
suggest what changes to make using the ICFE's Do-It-Yourself Credit File
After you have finished the interview you may want sell or provide the
client a copy of the ICFE's Do-It-Yourself Credit File Correction Guide.
The ICFE Guide has sample letters for your clients to use as a guide in
making any changes desired. If you provide them with a complimentary
copy of the ICFE Do-It-Yourself Credit File Correction Guide, it is a
$20-25 retail value, your cost is $7.50 each plus postage.
Your clients will also receive an important list of things they should
to do prevent against Identity Theft.
The suggested fee is $35-$60 for about a one hour review service,
including the ICFE Guide. If you spend more than one hour, but less than
90 minutes, the suggested fee is $60-$85 including the ICFE Guide.
Immediately order your own credit reports. In about a week, you will
receive your ICFE Independent Study Guide for your CCRS™
Certification, the Examination and the ICFE's Do-It-Yourself Credit File
Correction Guide. Complete at your own pace, using your credit reports
as you progress.
Lastly, when you have completed the exam, send it to ICFE (PO Box 34070
San Diego, CA 92163)
OR fax it to 619-923-3284 OR email it to the ICFE to get your grade and